Thursday, February 26, 2009

References for study of movement styles for characters

I like the stop motion style used in areas here. I also like the idea of cutting out some parts of the figure. I would like my piece to be more of an abstract and intriguing piece and not have the figures (live action) be so literal or in your face, but at the same time I need to convey the message clearly. I would like the attention to be what is going on around the figure, but also to make it clear that these things are related to the central figure and each point of transformation and growth.

1 comment:

  1. Somtimes when I drink to much gin and
    walk around in public - I also feel
    keyed and rotoscoped, and the world turns
    into a highly graphic environment with
    giant birds. Happened the other day.
    No seriously - I can see how this relates
    to your project. In yours, the character will
    undergo more of a change than they are picturing here I take it. But because theirs is strictly for marketing, they do not have to worry about all of the flash and motion having some actual substance behind it. It just has to be visually arresting so that the
    audience is wowed and remembers to buy
    gin next time they are out of milk, eggs, and hard liquor food stuffs.

    ReplyDelete